I just got back from a 'whirlwind tour' of southern Utah and Las Vegas about a week and a half ago. It was a great trip. The weather was fabulous and I was able to take off my jacket and role up my sleeves. When I got to St. George Wednesday afternoon the temperature was in the 50's and Las Vegas was in the 70's on Thursday. I had some great visits with some really good hardworking people. In our struggling economy, I noticed that there are fabricators that are finding ways to survive and even thrive. One thing that stuck out to me while I was down in southern Utah was the fact that there are a couple of Fabricators that are leaning on each other for business. Where one is better with plating the other is better with structural. They are sending business back and forth. There seems to be a great relationship between the two competitors. As I was visiting the Las Vegas Fabricators I noticed that buildings are still going up. Las Vegas is a thriving city and things are moving at a rapid pace. Private building there has slowed, but government buildings are filling in the construction gap.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment